Are you looking for something FREE and/or FUN to do in April or May around the High Desert? While fuel and food prices continue to rise, families are looking for more frugal and free family outings and menus to enjoy. Consider the following places to visit:
- NOOK Event-Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:00 AM – Saturday May 28, 2011 Recurring Barnes & Noble at Victorville Mall
The Mall of Victor Valley, 14400 Bear Valley Road Suite 107, Victorville, CA 92392, 760-245-3370 A NOOK seminar for all of your NOOK questions. New NOOK owners can receive assistance with setup.
- Hesperia Community Church hosts Angel Food Ministries, a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing food relief and financial support to communities throughout the United States. Angel Food provides a different menu monthly. The menu consists of both fresh and frozen items. According to their comparison shopping figures, these food items would cost you an estimate between $42 and $78 at a retail grocery store. There are no applications or qualifications required. To place your order, visit the church office at 16775 Olive St., Hesperia, CA 92345 between 9am and 4pm, Monday thru Friday.
- THE CRESTLINE ART-TIQUES WALK
FREE Crestline Art-Tiques Walk-Saturday, May 7 atLake Drive, Crestline, 5:00 pm. Walk along historic Lake Drive, and visit antique stores and local artists’ booths and enjoy art, live music, and family activities. The Art-Tiques walk in Crestline has become a new tradition on the first Saturday of each month. If you are interested in participating in the Crestline Art-Tiques Walk, contact Pamela at: email@example.com.
- 3rd annual Easter Egg Hunt & Duck Derby FREE Easter egg hunt for children 12 & under followed by 3rd annual Duck Derby. The ducks are launched from the top of two 320 foot long winding water slides. They land in a splash pool & flow into theLakeGregory. First one to the finish wins $500 cash. Over $1,000. in cash prizes. All funds go to CCDA non-profit organization for enrichment of the community. GregoryRegionalPark, 24171 Lake Dr., Crestline, CA 92325
- Easter Eggstravaganza-Saturday, Apr 23 9:00a to 12:00p at James A. Woody Community Center, Apple Valley, CA. Easter egg hunt, games, bouncer slide, face painting, family kickball game. Egg hunt starts at 9 a.m. on Field 1.
- Easter Egg Hunt-Saturday, Apr 23 9:00a at Hesperia First Assembly, Hesperia
- Carriage House Antiques-Saturday, May 21 Semi Annual Sale
Visit High Desert Blogging again soon for more events.